Friday, March 9, 2012

Sick Flick

If you know me, or you've read the rest of this blog (which I highly recommend, of course), you know a few things about me:

1) I have 2 boys (teenagers).

2) We have been sick.

So far only son#2 (once again, numbered by age, not preference, because if so, right now he'd be son#10) and myself have gotten sick. We have been sick for over a week and we've been trapped at home together by our snotty, sneezy, coughy selves all day. Throw in intense back pain cause by said coughing and sneezing, and it's been a long week.

Another fact about me:

1) I love movies.

When I find a movie I really like, I can watch it over and over. This leads me to a quirk that my family has and I'm wondering if other people have the same thing. We have a "sick movie." This is the movie we put on when someone is sick and stuck in bed.

When the boys were very young and had little say in our viewing choices, my "sick movie" was The American President starring Michael Douglas and Annette Bening. After son#1 was born and I was on maternity leave, I think I probably watched this movie at least 3 to 4 times a day. It's crazy, I know, I can't really explain it but it is what it is. President Andrew Shepherd and I spent a lot of time together. I should have joined his re-election campaign.


But time moves on and now we have a new "sick movie." Don't judge or be a hater, it's not the greatest movie ever, but it is one of the funniest. "Sick movies" should basically be brain candy. You put the movie on and it takes you away from everything for awhile, without a lot of thinking involved. That all said, our current "sick movie" is Galaxy Quest starring Tim Allen, Alan Rickman, and Sigourney Weaver.


So I'm curious...are we the only ones that do this? Do you have a "sick movie? If so, what is it? Well, I must go...so much coughing, sneezing and snotting left to do today.

Never give up, never surrender!
Jen

Lewis Rothschild: Who're we calling, sir?
President Andrew Shepherd: I'm calling the Organization of the United Brotherhood of It's None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. I'll be with you in a second.
- Michael J Fox and Michael Douglas, The American President

No comments:

HyperSmash.com