Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chain of Events

It's amazing how thoughts and actions build off each other. Here is the chain of events that led to today's realization:

My house was a mess. We had to declutter the whole downstairs just to start cleaning.

I asked my son to put on some music. He tried to start Itunes but it wouldn't open. It had a DEP error, whatever that is.

I tried debugging, I tried repairing, but none of that worked. Last resort before uninstalling was a Windows System Restore. Restore basically takes your computer back in time to a previous date to undo damage to system files.

Here is where actions and thoughts collided. I can restore my computer to a earlier date, wouldn't it be great if there was a Life System Restore?

Just imagine being able to restore your life to a previous point in time to undo damage to life system files. What time would I go back to? What would I change?

My son was sitting with me while I was pondering all this, and once I stopped and thought about it, I realized I can't go back and do things differently, but I can teach him what I've learned.

Don't wait until the time is right to pursue your dreams, the time will never be ideal, just do it, even if it's baby steps. Save money and live beneath your means. You don't need the best new latest gadget. Buy quality things that last and take care of them. Brush your teeth everyday. Floss. If you don't enjoy vacuuming, don't buy a hairy dog. Never buy a pet rabbit, they stink. Back up your computer.

Ride lots of roller coasters. Whee!
Jen

What would you do if you were not afraid? - Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

HyperSmash.com