Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Joy: Positive Thoughts

Facebook is an amazing social experiment. In one day, you can read about what has happened to hundreds of your "friends." It sometimes shocks me at the details some people reveal on Facebook. One thing I have noticed is the power that positive thinking has on a person's life.

I have a few friends that only post about what is negative in their lives. I don't think they realize they are doing it, but their posts chronicle the bad things happening to them. These post range from everything to illness, job loss, marital problems, financial problems, and much more. What these people don't realize is that by focusing and posting their negative thoughts, they are amplifying them, giving energy to them and attracting more of the same. Things are not going to get better until they change their thoughts and focus on the good things in their lives. Everyone has SOMETHING they can be grateful for, even if its just the fact that you were able to wake up this morning. If all else fails, start with that.

Then there is Bee. I'm not going to use her real name, so I'll just call her Bee. I met this wonderful woman a couple of years ago and from that first day, I knew she was something special. She is absolutely the most positive, upbeat person I have ever met. She draws you in with laughter and joy. I have never seen her with out a smile on her face. Do bad things happen in her life, sure. Is her life perfect, probably not.

Here is what Bee does that truly inspires me. Her Facebook posts are 100% positive. She writes about all the great things that happen in her life, what wonderful friends she has, and a whole lot of jokes and funny pictures. Everyone comments about how much her posts cheer them up or make them laugh. Not only does she focus on the positive, but she lifts up and inspires others.

Good things happen to Bee because that is what she focuses on and thinks about. She gives energy to the joy in her life and therefore she attracts more joy. I am so thankful that I can be a small part of that joy.

Give energy to what you want in your life. Its simple physics: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Give out joy, get back joy. Give out negativity, get back more negativity. Start small and be thankful for small things (sunshine, clean water, a hug).

Thanks Bee, keep on making me smile, I love you!
Jen

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.  -Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

No comments:

HyperSmash.com