Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gratitude: Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day

I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day. It's a made up holiday that encourages us to buy (sometimes expensive) gifts for our "Valentine's." But even I'm not immune to the feelings of love and gratitude that today can evoke.

Last night, my oldest son bought his first Valentine's present for a girl. He used his own money and picked out a stuffed puppy holding a heart. It was sweet, and this morning he got on the bus with his huge, heavy back pack, trombone, and the stuffed puppy. Awww, I hope she likes it.

This morning, I surprised the boys with cupcakes (and sausage) for breakfast. I hid cards and chocolate kisses in their lunch boxes. There were also extra hugs and kisses this morning.

In a few minutes, my husband is coming to pick me up for lunch. We get to spend a few precious minutes out and about on our own. With our busy schedules, a date night is almost impossible, so we treasure our date lunches.

I am so grateful that I have these wonderful men in my life. I've never known as pure of love as I get from my sweet boys. They are truly a gift from the Universe. I am ever so grateful for their father, the most honest, kind, loving man I have ever met.

I may be a Valentine's Grinch, but I think my heart grew 2 sizes today.

Jen

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. - Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

HyperSmash.com