Friday, February 24, 2012

Love and Rebuffering

I have a confession, I'm addicted to Netflix. I love being able to instantly stream a whole TV series and watch years worth of shows in a few days. I've become so spoiled by the absence of commercials that it is very hard for me to watch regular TV anymore.

And the medical dramas, oh how I love the medical dramas! ER, Grey's Anatomy, Mercy, and so many more! They fascinate me, I get so wrapped up in the story. I've watched so many episodes of Grey's Anatomy lately, I feel like I live in Seattle.

There's one fly in the ointment, rebuffering. I get so wrapped up in the story and then the dreaded red bar shows up. I don't even know what a "rebuffer" is. At least with commercials, you know when they are coming, but not with rebuffering. It just sneaks it's crappy little self in when you're least expecting it.

All in all, it's worth it. Maybe I need to find a hobby that only requires a short attention span that I can do while rebuffering. Any ideas? Knitting scarves for chihuahuas. Reading great works of literature through Cliff Notes. It just feels like I'm wasting so much time, while I'm wasting time watching TV.

Not an earth shattering problem, I realize, but if you have a Netflix account I know you understand.

Rebuffering victims unite!
Jen

I wish there was a knob on the TV so you could turn up the intelligence.  They got one marked "brightness" but it don't work, does it?  ~Leo Anthony Gallagher

No comments:

HyperSmash.com